Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme
Live a comfortable and stress free lifestyle when you retire
We pride ourselves on ensuring our Credit Union members have access to simple and effective financial solutions, and KiwiSaver is no different.
First Credit Union has chosen to partner with and distribute the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme.
Why has the Credit Union chosen Fisher Funds?
- Fisher Funds is 100% New Zealand owned and operated (just like the Credit Unions);
- Fisher Funds operates its business based on a set of values and principles which are aligned with those of NZACU and its member Credit Unions;
- Fisher Funds has a well-resourced and experienced investment management team to manage your KiwiSaver scheme investments;
- Fisher Funds is the largest 100% New Zealand owned and operated KiwiSaver scheme provider;
- The Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme offers you online access to view your KiwiSaver account balance and transactions, detailed online reports are updated monthly – check out the sample reports;
- Fisher Funds provides industry leading transparency with its regular and candid communications, including quarterly transaction statements, details of portfolio holdings, and online up-to-date details of Scheme performance and comparisons with other schemes;
- Fisher Funds has a dedicated client service team to provide assistance whenever you need it;
- Fisher Funds’ willingness to provide NZACU and its Member Credit Unions with dedicated support and communication enables Credit Unions to provide excellent ongoing service to you; and
- Fisher Funds has a strong focus on education to help members understand investing and how to make the most of KiwiSaver, much like Credit Unions focus on education and the financial literacy of members.
Fisher Funds is award winning
In recognition of its first class service standards, the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme received the Workplace Savings NZ “People’s Choice KiwiSaver Award” for 2010, after KiwiSaver scheme members from around New Zealand voted for the scheme that they believed had done the best job of communicating with members.
The Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme’s investment performance is independently rated by Morningstar. This gives you the comfort that Fisher Funds’ investment controls and processes are externally examined. Fisher Funds was a finalist in 2010 and 2012 for the Morningstar Fund Manager of the Year KiwiSaver category.
What is this KiwiSaver thing anyway?
With over 2M people enrolled, KiwiSaver is now one of the preferred ways for New Zealanders to save for their retirement. KiwiSaver offers a range of generous membership benefits to encourage you to get saving. They include:
- For every $1 you contribute the Government will contribute 50 cents up to a maximum of $521 (equivalent to $10 per week) for each KiwiSaver year if you are over 18, and
- Compulsory employer contributions of 3% if you are employed, are contributing from pay and are over 18
- If you plan to buy your first home – after 3 years’ membership you can withdraw your contributions and your employer’s contributions plus you may be eligible for a subsidy of up to $5,000 (subject to eligibility)
Who can join the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme?
To join KiwiSaver you must be: living or normally living in New Zealand and be a New Zealand citizen or have an entitlement to live here permanently. You must also be aged below 65.
Anyone under 65 can join whether you are working or not including non-working mothers, partners, beneficiaries, students, etc.
What do you put in?
Employees put in amounts equal to 3%, 4% or 8% (your choice) of your gross pay.
Self-employed, not employed and under 18s (who aren’t working) can choose to put in as much or as little as they like, when they like, with no minimum payments required.
Anyone can help family and friends make the most of KiwiSaver by putting money into their KiwiSaver account.
When can you access your KiwiSaver scheme balance?
Your KiwiSaver scheme balance is locked in until you reach the age of eligibility for New Zealand Superannuation (currently 65) or complete 5 years’ membership if later. There are exceptions – early withdrawals may be permitted for first home purchase, significant financial hardship, serious illness, death, or permanent emigration (terms and conditions apply).
Tell me more
To learn more about KiwiSaver and how the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme can help you achieve your savings goals, email us at email@example.com. We’ll contact you within the next business day to talk about KiwiSaver and answer any questions you may have.
Alternatively, you can download a copy of the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme Investment Statement.